Information Sessions: No Fee
THURSDAY JANUARY 26
Westdale Public Library, 955 King St. West
Hamilton 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm (or)
WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 1
Sherwood Public Library, 467 Upper Ottawa
Hamilton 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
Join us for an informative and experiential presentation that will provide an outline of the smartEducation program and highlight how teachers and support staff are benefiting. We will follow up with an overview on why mindfulness is an effective way to manage stress. Q & A to follow.
Mindfulness Everyday has delivered the smartEducation program at the Toronto, North York, Trillium Lakelands, and Dufferin Catholic District School Boards. This spring the 9-week self-care program will be offered in Hamilton.
smartEducation™ is a 9 session, evidence-based program designed to address the needs of educators (K-12) and professional support staff.
SMART (Stress Management & Resiliency Techniques) involves experiential activities in mindfulness including: mindfulness, emotional awareness and movement. Weekly sessions also include presentations and group discussions. Home practice is included in the course.
This program is suitable for educators, teachers, guidance counselors, administrators, teacher’s assistants, and professional support workers or individuals interested in the professional applications of mindfulness.
LIMITED SPACE: PLEASE REGISTER
Arunas Antanaitis (905) 317-9521
smartEducation trains educators to:
- Mange stress through greater understanding and control of emotions
- Empathy self-care techniques to cultivate personal and professional resilience
- Create effective strategies for relating to challenging situations
- Enhance concentration and executive function (planning, decision-making, and impulse control).
- Improve your overall mental and physical health
- Promote happiness through healthy habits of the mind
smart involves experiential practices that promote:
- Concentration, attention, and mindfulness
- Awareness and understanding of emotions
- Empathy and compassion training
HAMILTON SPRING 2017
9 Session Workshop
Date: Thursdays, March 2 – May 4
(no session March 16)
Time: 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm
Note: Retreat day April 20, 4:30 pm to 8:30 pm